Fans of Hard Rock burgers will be pleased to know that the World Burger Tour is back, and all set to bring your taste buds on an international adventure – no passport required!
World Burger Tour, a limited-time offering of Hard Rock Local Legendary© Burgers, inspired by the taste and flavours from cafe locations around the world, will be available at select participating Hard Rock Cafe locations around the world beginning 1 May 2017 and continue through 25 June 2017.
Yours truly was over at Hard Rock Cafe Kuala Lumpur recently to check it out and taste some of it…
Hard Rock’s culinary team had a hard time evaluating over 160 local burgers with crowd favourites added to the 2017 World Burger Tour lineup.
So for the months of May and June, Hard Rock Cafe menus* will feature the following World Burger Tour offerings:
- Colombian Plantain Burger (Cartagena, Colombia) – a South American savoury and sweet combination of caramelised onions, turkey bacon and Monterey Jack Cheese, spiked with molasses and topped with fried plantains on a beef patty. Perfectly paired with crispy plantain chips and mojo sauce
- Banh Mi Burger (Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam) – coated in tangy house-made Vietnamese glaze, topped with sliced cucumbers and pickled vegetables, accompanied by a garnishment of cilantro and green onions all on a beef patty
- Tennessee BBQ Burger (Tennessee, United States) – like a good country ballad, this beef burger brings happy tears with Memphis dry rubbed premium beef topped with pickle slices, Memphis slaw, pulled lamb, tangy Barbeque sauce, crispy onions and cheddar
- Greek Burger (Athens, Greece) – a beef patty piled high with slow-simmered eggplant salad enriched with fresh herbs and vegetables, finished with a dollop of haydari yogurt sauce, crisp lettuce and vine-ripened tomato
Local Legendary© Burgers are served with lettuce, tomato and paired with the ultimate sidekick – Hard Rock’s Savory Artisan french fries.
Throughout World Burger Tour, each french fry selection is paired with a complementary signature dipping sauce. You can choose from Hard Rock’s classic seasoned french fries or additional new offerings, including Garlic Fries with Garlic Aioli and Spiced Curry Fries with Tandoori mayonnaise**. For your information, I personally loved the Garlic Fries with Garlic Aioli… and if you are a garlic lover, you will too… steer clear if you are a vampire though… ahahah
Just like the artists whose memorabilia line the walls at Hard Rock locations worldwide, the burgers served at Hard Rock Cafe are nothing short of “legendary.” All Legendary© Burgers feature the highest quality meats, fresh ingredients, savory sauces and rich, melted cheeses and yes, they are almost…. to die for…..
As part of the World Burger Tour menu, Hard Rock Cafes will also showcase the brand’s world-famous cocktails, including:
- Southern Rock – Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Southern Comfort, Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur and SMIRNOFF Vodka, mixed with sweet & sour topped with Sierra Mist®
- Hurricane – Orange, mango and pineapple juice, infused with BACARDI Superior Rum, BACARDI Select Rum, Amaretto and Finest Call Grenadine
- Electric Blues – SMIRNOFF Vodka, BACARDI Superior Rum, Beefeater Gin, DeKuyper® Blue Curacao and sweet & sour topped with Sierra Mist®
- Mojito – BACARDI Superior Rum muddled with fresh mint and lime topped with club soda
- Triple Platinum Margarita – Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila, Cointreau Orange Liqueur and Grand Marnier
We also had some yummy Mud Pie to finish off our meal.. the Mud Pie is on the regular menu and is huge, so do not order unless you are sharing with 2-4 people… hahaha… it is however very delicious…
For details on the World Burger Tour and head over to your closest Hard Rock cafe or please visit www.HardRock.com.
*World Burger Tour menus may vary by location; guests should consult their local cafe for a full list of featured burgers
**Additional charge for Savoury Artisan french fry pairings may apply.
Address – Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur