Entopia by Penang Butterfly Farm is perfect if you’re looking to be close to nature or if you are in Penang, looking for things to do with your little ones…
I had never stepped foot inside Entopia before but I had visited Penang Butterfly Farm on several occasions as a kid
Just before entrance, as per the MKN /KKM SOP, we had to scan PGCare or MySejahtera and get our temperature was recorded before allowed entry… There is an attendant ready to help you spray sanitiser on your hands at the turnstiles…
This 1 hectare butterfly park in Penang is one of the largest of its kind! Here you can find nature’s largest classroom and discovery hub, a place where colourful butterflies and insects are free to come out and play..
Entopia consists of two domes; The Natureland, which is a living garden vivarium, is a shared ecological space for a variety of animals from invertebrates and reptiles living in their re-created natural habitat….
It is the one of the largest butterfly garden in Malaysia with approximately 15,000 free-flying butterflies at any one time consisting of up to 60 species.
The living garden features more than 200 species of plants with waterfalls, ponds, caves and other artistic garden features. Be sure to stroll along the mezzanine-terrace from David’s Garden and get a majestic view of our Home Tree.
With a dome-shaped exterior, similar to Singapore’s Flower Dome. In it, are a variety of insects, reptiles and over 15,000 free-flying butterflies!
Then there is the Cocoon featuring two floors of learning exhibition and indoor activities, but during my visit since it had just reopened for RMCO, the upper floor of the Cocoon is closed… This indoor discovery centre encourages visitors self-explore the world of invertebrates through various interactive edu-stations…
Entopia was once the Penang Butterfly Farm, founded in 1986 by David Goh from his passion for butterflies, and it has since evolved like a butterfly emerging from it pupa to be one of the must visit tourist spots in Penang! The butterfly farm is currently managed by David Goh’s son, Joseph Goh – the CEO of Penang Butterfly Farm.
We definitely had an enjoyable time strolling through Natureland with Jojo recounting stories as well as providing explanations on Entopia as well as the butterflies…
There are even sessions that allow visitors to meet and greet and even hold the scorpions, iguanas, if you are brave enough….
But we were excited about being able to participate in the butterfly release session, where we each got a little container with a butterfly that have just emerged from its pupa…
It is said that if we whisper a wish to a butterfly, and it will fly up to heaven and make it come true… So I definitely whispered mine to it before releasing the new butterfly to Natureland… Fingers crossed I hope it comes true…
The Entopia Penang entrance fee is about RM69.00 for adults and RM49.00 for children…
Terms and Conditions:
- This promotion is available from 15 March 2020 until 31 December 2020 (‘Promotion Period’), except for special events or special time slots or programmes which require a separate admission charge as announced by Entopia managed by Penang Butterfly House (Pg) Sdn Bhd (Entopia) from time to time.
- This promotion is valid for WALK-IN purchase of MyKad Special admission tickets of Adult (aged 13-59 years old), Child (aged 4-12 years old) and Senior Citizen (aged 60 years & above).
- Bearers of MyKad with Penang state code of 07, 34 and 35 or with Penang residential address will be entitled the 50% discount on Entopia admission tickets during the Promotion Period.
- Original copy of Penang MyKad must be presented at Entopia ticketing counter upon purchase of tickets to enjoy the discount within the Promotion Period.
- One (1) Penang MyKad is entitled for 50% off on one (1) Entopia ticket only under this promotion.
- The discounted MyKad Special admission ticket rates are equivalent to RM24.00 per adult and RM14.00 per child or senior citizen and will be subject to change should there be any price adjustment on the Entopia general admission rates. All rates are subject to tax if applicable.
- Ticket(s) purchased with this promotion is only valid for admission on the ticket(s) purchase date.
- This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with other ongoing promotions, discounts (family packages), vouchers or privilege cards, offers, group purchases, events or functions.
- Ticket(s) are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and non-refundable either in whole or in part, for cash or for any other items.
- Entopia may, without prior notice and without refund or compensation, change its operating hours, due to inclement weather, special events, safety or security concerns.
- Entopia reserves the right to amend or supplement these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice.
- In the event of disputes regarding these Terms and Conditions, the decision of Entopia shall be final.
Visiting hours from 9am till 6pm (last entry at 5pm) , every Fri, Sat, Sun & Monday for a limited time during this RMCO..
Address – 830, Jalan Teluk Bahang, Teluk Bahang, 11050, Pulau Pinang
Website – http://www.entopia.com/